A year with its courses has gone, a year with its blessings is beginning - that's the annual Jewish saying for the new year. This year has many curses to get rid of. The first and most notorious is Bibi Hitleryahu. No longer can he avoid the comparison to the Nazi leader, he learnt too much from him. Israel is torn by the doings of a single man - a man that should be on trial for high treason too.
It appears like the country collapses while its government tries to let the orchestra play. Knowing their own responsibility for the current state of affairs most of the ministers are trying to avoid the elections, some are suggesting postponing them until a better time comes - a time when they can be re-elected by the tired public.
Just when I thought nothing can help I saw a tiny article stating an unexpected fact. The Jews didn't like a single leader ever. Jews like the challenges of multiple leaders combined. The Jewish tradition is to have different opinions over each and every subject reaching an agreement by discussion and endless debates.
We can see traces of many authors in the bible, continuing in the external books up until the last 2 decades - the rise to power of the Jewish nemesis - Bibi.
Having a kid who's turning 14 is scary everywhere in the world. In Israel it's doubled. I don't know whether to tell him we fight to the victory or we flee as refugees. At least for now we fight, but I know if we'll lose we won't be able to stay here, too many have already moved away from here.
Usually I like to write about the kids on their birthday blog post, this time I didn't and not for a good reason. I sure hope next year I'll be able to write on Shavit's guitar, his studies and researches.
I'll finish with a wish for a good year, we need it.
אין תגובות:
הוסף רשומת תגובה