יום שבת, 19 באוקטובר 2024

A bar mitzvah

The rollercoaster called Shavit's Aliyah laTora had finished 2 weeks ago. It was a journey in all aspects. He learned a few things, reading from the bible correctly for example. We met interesting people on the way. But the journey is just the beginning of another journey.
Shavit is turning to a grown man. He still has the normal issues for a boy with ASD, earlier today he totally missed a point because it was a cynical remark. But he learns, and he knows he must explain the meaning of ASD to people who talk to him.
On a higher level, we're sitting on an explosive barrel waving a torch. The country I grew in doesn't exist anymore, it was kidnapped by a serial killer called Bibi Hitleryahu. The Israeli government is leaving 101 hostages to die because they won't vote for them. The pictures of victory they provide are only pictures of vengeance masked as a victory.
Looking at the future I'm afraid one day I will be a refugee in my own country. Having 2 children in school makes the idea of leaving the homeland a terrifying nightmare, but I fear it will come to it. For now all I do is make sure they'll be able to finish school before we are forced to go. And by the way to allow us the easiest landing wherever we will find ourselves.
It's quite weird to talk about leaving in the middle of a war, with many victories and achievements accomplished, yet those achievements are the mirror reflecting the government's impotence. It feels like the idea behind this war is war. There's not an end in sight, and there's no real objective to it, unless counting Bibi's survival.
A country that wants future has to educate its children to be smarter. Israel is educating its children to be Dead.
I hope the future would prove me wrong, but now I have to make sure Shavit and Ella will live in a country worthy of them.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה