Usually this blog is written in Hebrew. The reason behind it is its audience, no "outsider" gives a damn about how it feels to drive the local road on a typical workday. Yet from time to time a globally interesting issue arises. This is one of those issues.
Yesterday, October 4th to be exact, we were at the scorpions rock show. I say show instead of concert, because they did one hell of a show.
I'll begin at the very beginning (just where genesis ends). At about mid June 2010 I saw a small advertisement for the scorpions concert to be performed on October 4th, a day before Shirley's birthday. Knowing she loves the stinging bustards, and the disbanding announcement from January, I quickly did my homework and ordered 2 tickets. Luckily I did so, a day before the show only a bunch of lousy tickets were left, on the day of the show none were left.
We got there in time, after putting the baby at my folks', and driving all the way to Tel-Aviv. It took the time, we spent an hour in the traffic jams. Finding the parking lot was a problem on its own, the police had their say on the matter. Anyway we made it to the concert in time.
The show began, the speakers roared, the electric guitars howled their electrifying sound, the drums beat dictated the hearts' beat. WOW, it's a real show, IT'S REAL.
The songs of the scorpions are long time members of the "classical hall of fame". To tell the truth, in my wedding the band did a cover of "send me an angel" for our 1st (and only) slow dance. If I had to summarize this grand show in just one line it'd be "rock like a hurricane". Even on the farewell tour they still love the show, love to perform together, using the togetherness to extract the best of each other.
If you missed it - tough luck!
What can I say, we loved it. We loved every single second of it. It was over in no-time for us, but the memory lingers on, and will stay forever.
The SCORPIONS sting has the feeling of honey, I can only wait for the comeback.
Yesterday, October 4th to be exact, we were at the scorpions rock show. I say show instead of concert, because they did one hell of a show.
I'll begin at the very beginning (just where genesis ends). At about mid June 2010 I saw a small advertisement for the scorpions concert to be performed on October 4th, a day before Shirley's birthday. Knowing she loves the stinging bustards, and the disbanding announcement from January, I quickly did my homework and ordered 2 tickets. Luckily I did so, a day before the show only a bunch of lousy tickets were left, on the day of the show none were left.
We got there in time, after putting the baby at my folks', and driving all the way to Tel-Aviv. It took the time, we spent an hour in the traffic jams. Finding the parking lot was a problem on its own, the police had their say on the matter. Anyway we made it to the concert in time.
The show began, the speakers roared, the electric guitars howled their electrifying sound, the drums beat dictated the hearts' beat. WOW, it's a real show, IT'S REAL.
The songs of the scorpions are long time members of the "classical hall of fame". To tell the truth, in my wedding the band did a cover of "send me an angel" for our 1st (and only) slow dance. If I had to summarize this grand show in just one line it'd be "rock like a hurricane". Even on the farewell tour they still love the show, love to perform together, using the togetherness to extract the best of each other.
If you missed it - tough luck!
What can I say, we loved it. We loved every single second of it. It was over in no-time for us, but the memory lingers on, and will stay forever.
The SCORPIONS sting has the feeling of honey, I can only wait for the comeback.
אין תגובות:
הוסף רשומת תגובה